The Age Linker's Guide to the D'ni Restoration

Exploring D'ni and the ages, one step at a time.

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Packing...

Posting from the surface...

I woke up this morning and my KI had stopped functioning. It still sorta powers on, but it doesn't seem to send or receive any information from the lattice, which makes it essentially a wristwatch that can't even tell me what time it is. I'm getting reports from various people in the cavern that the upper regions of Ae'gura have all been blocked off, and that the 'hoods have been barricaded up. Apparently I'm not the only person who had a complete KI failure either, but it seems that if you go get a new one from Gahreesen, it works fine.

I lost a lot of notes, photos, and people lists that I had stored in that KI. The notes weren't a big deal, and the people lists will have to be rebuilt since pretty much everyone is having to register a new KI anyway, but the photos are irreplaceable and priceless. I think I'll be able to extract the photos from the KI, but I can't be sure. I know other people are a lot more familiar with getting photos off the KI, so if anyone has any advice for extracting them... let me know. I'll probably post a little gallery of my favorites if I can get them off of there.

I'm actually at my workplace on the surface right now, but after yesterday, and the sudden lack of a KI, all I can think about is the cavern. As soon as I get out of here... I think I'm going back down to see what's happened.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home