The Age Linker's Guide to the D'ni Restoration

Exploring D'ni and the ages, one step at a time.

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

The End of the D'mala

Posting from the surface...

People are saying that the events of today have signaled the end of what many of us referred to as D'mala. We pulled together over the course of almost a year now, managing to accomplish many things. We finally got the Great Zero calibrated, or at least, more so than it was. We managed to prove that there was enough interest and love in the cavern that it was worth funding again. I made friends and family in my time here, some just passing acquaintainces, and some that I'd put my life on the line for.

And now things are secure. The restoration is in progress again, and in less than twenty-four hours, it will once again become public access and public knowledge. It's a very bittersweet feeling. This is the day that I've waited so many years for, this is something I've dreamed of seeing for so long. And I always knew that I'd be sharing this moment with a few certain people. That a few of us would say goodbye to what would probably be the last quiet night in the neighborhood, that there'd be one more glance at the dusty abandoned library on Ae'gura, and that I'd get to go strolling through Eder Kemo with a dear friend one more time.

But I'm not.

And that in itself, almost makes all the difference in the world. What good is a cavern that's on it's way to a full restoration, if you've lost the people who meant the world to you along the way?

I'm going to go get some rest and think for a while. I'll see you all on the other side.

Shorah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home