The Age Linker's Guide to the D'ni Restoration

Exploring D'ni and the ages, one step at a time.

Sunday, September 17, 2006

The campaigning begins

Posting from D'ni - Ae'gura...

Well, it's time again. Nominations have closed for the next group of DRC Liaisons, with twenty-two candidates to choose from. I'm in that list.

I have to say, I'm extremely pleased with how well things are going this time around. No fighting, no overheated arguments, no group trying to completely anull the whole process and idea. Nice and easy. The first time we started nominating, campaigning, and voting, all sorts of tensions and tomato throwers starting crawling out of the wood-work (rock-work?). Of course, even with all the trouble, the last round of DRC Liaisons were definitely great choices. Who knows, they're all running for re-election... we just might get them again.

I do think that all nominees and campaigners need to be aware of something though. The new term is going to fall right into the thick of the DRC resuming and ramping up their work on the restoration. Lots of things will be going on, lots of new explorers will be coming in. It's going to be a bigger job than it is now.

I'm not going to say "Vote for me!", but I am going to say this. Vote. Do some research, and choose five people that you genuinely believe will serve the community well. Don't just select the five names that are most familiar to you, or that might look good on a t-shirt. Good choices take time!

I think I'm going to surface for a while... get something to eat.

2 Comments:

Blogger vid said...

Robert, you're right. The Liaisons are not *needed*, but on the whole, don't you agree that they've done a lot of good for everyone involved?

I'm not proud of anyone being silenced, I never said that. I'm glad that the process is going off this time without any huge "I'm done, I'm leaving" speeches, that's all. If you're still against the concept of the DRC Liaisons, I think you should speak your mind about it. We'll just have to agree to disagree.

6:01 PM  
Blogger vid said...

Well, if anyone doesn't want to step forward to speak about it, it doesn't feel like they care all that much.

Even if we disagree on this though, please don't hold it against me as an explorer? If we ever meet in D'ni in the future, I'd like to get along with you as two explorers, regardless of our thoughts regarding the election process.

6:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home