The Age Linker's Guide to the D'ni Restoration

Exploring D'ni and the ages, one step at a time.

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Beyond Gira and Responsibility

Posting from D'ni - Ae'gura...

I'm in the cavern early today... just a short visit though. But even in this little time I've got here, I started thinking about a couple of things...

I got some hot water for my ramen from Eder Gira, and as I was sitting near the falls eating I started thinking about the village you can see way off in the distance. I've never seen any movement over there, so I'm not sure if anyone still lives there or not... but I'm starting to suspect that those homes were abandoned long ago. I'm trying to work out a way to get over there, but I can't find an answer. There's no point from this area where I could even dream of jumping or climbing across. If those structures are D'ni, there's almost certainly a link to that side somewhere. Of course I also highly doubt those are D'ni homes... more likely they belong to the natives of this age.

Wait. What about the structures here? The archways, the vent covers, the lamps? Are those D'ni? Or native? I just realized, the D'ni probably would have used firemarble lamps, instead of these that seem to be steam powered. If these items ARE Gira native, then those natives are probably capable of getting over here SOMEHOW. But I've never seen any... which only furthers the theory that whoever lives in those huts are long gone. But did they move away? Or were they perhaps driven to other ages? Or even killed?

Hm. Intuition tells me this age is definitely still inhabited.. just maybe not that particular village. Actually... I just realized, I've never paid much attention out there when it's night time. Perhaps if I come back later, I could see lights?

My second point... today I noticed that all of the cones in Ae'gura have been moved back to their proper places. Someone from the DRC had to take the time to replace all of the cones in positions that actually make sense to be blocked off. Cones around the rope bridge, near the library cliff, around the rubble at the entrance to the pub, at the end of the Tokotah alley.

I can't say much, considering how many cones I've balanced on, kicked around, and inadvertantly destroyed. But seeing them back where they should be, and knowing that the DRC probably had some poor intern hauling cones around to their proper places reminded me that we should be more responsible with the equipment that someone else paid for, and that someone has to keep replacing. The cones and barriers are there for our protection!

Now if you'll excuse me... I think I'm going to go balance on this cone, and then very carefully put it back where it belongs when I'm done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home