The Age Linker's Guide to the D'ni Restoration

Exploring D'ni and the ages, one step at a time.

Sunday, April 02, 2006

Loco-linking

Posting from the surface...

Yesterday, late last night actually, while Taba and Vid were locking me out of the private meditation rooms in the 'hood, we came across somthing very strange. I had suggested that we hang out at the Kadish Gallery for a bit, so after Taba and Vid had locked me out once again, they linked to Relto, and to the Gallery. I meanwhile linked to my own Relto (being locked out of the private meditation room) and to the Gallery. To our suprize Vid and Taba's KIs seemed to stop transmitting to any but eachothers' KIs, with the exception that they could still send and recieve private messages from anyone. I suspect this is because they linked out of a private room. My theory is that when people enter a private room, something creates a direct link between their KIs, so as to keep any conversations, well, private...so when they linked out, the direct link was not severed.

What was even more strange than this however, and I can't think of any reason why this happened, is that they could not hear me speak. It was as if they had an invisible, sound-proof bubble around them. So I suggested that we head back to the 'hood and see if we can fix this problem. We headed to the private rooms, and they entered one and exited it again. To our delight this fixed the problem, and they could even hear me again. However, Vid then wanted to try an expirement. We went into one of the private rooms and shut the door, and then he linked me to his Relto. I linked back to the 'hood, and found that I was now disconnected from all comunnications...with an exception. I could send and receive messages and speak directly with anyone who entered and closed the room I had linked out of, even if I was outside of that room. I then closed myself into a room, opened it again, and I was able to communicate freely with everyone else...thank the Maker...

I think we'll have to look deeper into this, but for now I'm going to visit with friends in D'ni.

1 Comments:

Blogger vid said...

Thanks for the write-up Dalken! I really wanted to get this recorded, but I was too tired to get it last night, and didn't trust my recollection of the events today.

There's clearly a lot more to how the KI communications work than we know... I mean, a stone room can disrupt communications of a device that can communicate across infinite time and space. Explain THAT.

4:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home